- < < Back to search
Laboratory Technician£22,000 - £25,000 Location: Yorkshire Product: Processed food products Ref: 8604
Founded many years ago in the UK and now part of a global group, this company's operations in the UK are across a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain. The group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications.
They operate at the highest levels of quality to gain customer satisfaction whilst having excellent ethical and moral standards, insisting on a high level of personal integrity from all their 1,000's of staff worldwide.
About the Laboratory Technician job
The purpose of your role will be to maintain records of samples received and tested and to carry out routine chemical analysis on samples whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are always followed.
- Routine wet chemistry testing of samples as required.
- Maintaining proficiency in traditional laboratory methods and in the use of modern automated analytical equipment by training.
- Housekeeping to assist with the smooth running of the laboratory i.e. keeping work areas tidy and monitoring consumable stock levels.
- Interpreting results i.e. to be alert to over-limit or out of the ordinary results and to inform customers of out of spec results.
- Carrying out QC checks on equipment and procedures and maintaining these records in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
You will be educated to GCSE Level having qualified in Chemistry (or equivalent qualification) and ideally have some experience within a technical or scientific role. In addition:
- Ability and interest to learn new and relevant skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work well individually and in a team.
- Well organised and efficient.
- Good IT skills, Microsoft Word and Excel.
The Laboratory Technician job is based in Doncaster and is paying £22,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience according to your experience.
The package includes an excellent enhanced pension, private health care scheme (after 2 years), death in service, annual leave of 25 days, plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, 40 hours per week.