Good questions to ask in an interview
Remember! An interview is a two-way process – you are there to find out about them as much as they want to find out about you.
You should have your own list of questions prepared. Here are 20 good questions to ask in an interview:
- What will be my responsibilities?
- Where will I fit into the overall organisational structure?
- Who will I report to?
- Where does he/she fit in the structure?
- Who will report to me?
- How experienced are they?
- What skills and experience are you looking for?
- What are you expecting the successful candidate to achieve in the first six months?
- Who are your customers?
- Where is the company going? Upwards? Expansion plans?
- Why has this vacancy arisen?
- Who are your main competitors and how do you think you compare?
- What are the chances of advancement/promotion in this position? When?
- Will travel be required in this position?
- Will relocation be required now or in the future?
- What training do you provide?
- When will you decide on the appointment?
- What is the next step?
- Do you have any concerns about me that I can clear up now for you?
- What will be my salary, benefits and bonuses? (NB These questions are typically left until the end of the first interview or the second interview)