- < < Back to search
Stock Control Manager£35,000 - £40,000 Location: Ipswich area Product: Ambient and ingredients Ref: 8556
This is a well-established manufacturer of food offering high quality products across a range of sectors which has seen much success throughout years of innovation and dedication to the industry.
About the Stock Control Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to provide a well-organised and high-level approach to ensure stock levels are adequate and maintained in accordance with the company’s expectations. The Stock Control Manager plays a key role in monitoring and analysing all stock holdings.
- Review products coming to the end of their ‘best by’ dates to ensure they are sold in a profitable way, whilst analysing and reporting on stock adjustments highlighting issues and proposing changes. Prepare and provide reports on stock levels regularly, including wasted items.
- Oversee and review stock use and turnover to reduce the overall length of time stock has been held in the business. Highlighting lines where stock has been in the business longer than required and implement change to minimise turnaround time.
- Reporting and summarising key findings to make recommendations to Operations Manager. Analysing and reporting on stock adjustments monthly and highlighting any issues and proposing changes.
- Key involvement in scrutiny of and sourcing outlets for/disposal, analyse slow moving products and work with management accountant to ensure best price is achieved, analyse and provide information to managers of ‘ideal’ stock holding based on seasonality.
- Reduce inventory levels through stock monitoring. Operate a policy of continuous improvement and achieve a stock holding in line with KPIs, prepare and provide reports on stock levels regularly, including wasted items.
- To liaise with other departments, challenging their involvement in stock management and provide support for the accounts department on analysis as required.
The successful candidate will possess experience within a manufacturing environment with multiple SKU's.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Active participation in inventory audits.
- Excellent organization skills.
The Stock Control Manager job is based in Ipswich area and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
People who viewed this job also viewed: