- < < Back to search
NPD Manager£50,000 - £60,000 Location: East Anglia Product: Ambient Ref: 8585
Well-established and successful food manufacturer supplying a range of products to retail, wholesale and other manufacturers. This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the NPD Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to oversee the delivery of development projects from concept to launch by the development team to agreed timelines and commercial targets - whilst coaching & developing the team to maximise their potential.
- Ensure that all products developed have a clear market-driven rationale behind them and take on board any relevant trends to ensure they exceed customer expectations.
- To continually seek to improve, simplify and cost reduce products to maximize the operational, commercial and customer value in the company’s products.
- Work with marketing and insight teams to keep abreast of food trends, supply accurate and timely reports on the market and update on new customer current offerings as well as reviewing competitor activity.
- Together with procurement, source new and innovative raw materials and find new suppliers.
- Review packaging options and work with packaging buyer and suppliers to explore new design, format, and innovations opportunities.
- Understand the factory equipment, capabilities, processes, and limitations to ensure that they are considered within all new products and pack formats developed.
As well as being degree educated in a relevant subject, you should also:
- Have experience of managing, leading and developing teams.
- Be a proficient presenter across all levels both internally and externally.
- Have the ability to work effectively within strict cost/time parameters.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to influence, make decisions and manage ambiguity within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Love food and have great culinary knowledge – be a ‘foodie’ with a commercial focus who is able to combine creativity with a complete understanding of full-scale production practicalities.
- Possess a full UK driving license and be flexible to travel and attend launches outside normal office hours.
The NPD Manager job is based in East Anglia and is paying £50,000 - £60,000 dependent on experience according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours.
People who viewed this job also viewed: