- < < Back to search
Multi Skilled Engineering Team Leader£40,000 - £42,000 Location: Staffordshire Product: Food Manufacturing Ref: 8564
This exceptional business is dedicated to product quality, using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques to produce a fantastic range of award-winning products. Due to their ongoing success, the company is expanding and therefore, this is an excellent time to join the business.
About the Multi Skilled Engineering Team Leader job
The purpose of your role will be to provide engineering support to the site, including overseeing machine installations, preventative, and reactive maintenance.
- To maintain and develop a planned preventative maintenance system to avoid breakdowns and ensure a smooth production operation by conducting fault finding diagnosis/repairs on equipment and plant, both electronically and mechanically.
- Installation of food processing equipment and plant modifications, ensuring all BRC documentation is accurate and completed within a timely manner, provide management reports to management team periodically and where required.
- Constantly review contractor service contracts to maintain cost effective service providers and the associated competency and insurance requirements whilst providing engineering support to the production teams to ensure maximum line efficiency and minimise downtime.
- Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation during all work activities, including Health & Safety risk assessments and ensuring adherence to customer’s codes of practice and to BRC, and other relevant audit bodies.
- Manage the IT infrastructure and systems, including the servicing and maintenance of these systems and manage the fire safety systems on site, including alarms, fire extinguishers, servicing, maintenance, and testing processes.
- Maintaining full site standards both internally and externally, incorporating both offices and warehouse.
The successful candidate should have multi skilled maintenance experience within a food manufacturing environment, refrigeration plant and food processing automation equipment background. You shall possess the ability to fault find, both electronically and mechanically.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a necessity.
- Possess lean manufacturing and CI knowledge as well as knowledge of Danfoss controllers and how to understand and react to the information displayed.
- Have a flexible approach to shift working to meet factory requirements.
- You shall have a good understanding of allergen and other contamination risks.
The Multi Skilled Engineering Team Leader job is based in Staffordshire and is paying £40,000 -£42,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday office hours. During seasonal times weekend working and extended hours is expected to meet the needs of the business as and when necessary. The Multi Skilled Engineering Team Leader shall have part of the on-call rota system for out of hours contact.