- < < Back to search
Kitchen Assistant£22,000 - £23,000 Location: Halstead, Essex Product: Ambient foods Ref: 8545
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products supplying a range of products to retail, wholesale and other manufacturers. This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Kitchen Assistant job
The purpose of your role will be to oversee the day-to-day management of the NPD kitchen ensuring that all samples requests (bulk ingredients / retail packs / NPD samples) are delivered efficiently, stock levels are sufficient, resolve any relevant issues and provide support for ongoing projects.
- Make up and send out samples as requested by the NPD team as well as managing stock control and rotation of all ingredients, development samples, and ensure packaging is at sufficient levels.
- Order stock replenishments from warehouse as required according to the agreed process.
- Pick ingredients and stock on behalf of the technical department when required and liaise with all departments efficiently.
- Ensure and maintain high levels of tidiness and cleanliness in the NPD kitchen and assisting other members of the NPD team with projects where required.
- Manage incoming parcels and shopping for benchmarking samples minimising spend wherever possible.
- Continuously build knowledge of the ingredients supplied and their key qualities, as well as your understanding of packaging including films/bags/cases/pots & labels.
- To maintain the standards for product safety, legality, traceability, quality, hygiene, and housekeeping requirements.
- Any other duties requested by a Manager or Director.
The successful candidate should possess the ability to work autonomously and with a team whilst dealing with complexity of products, projects, and customers. Have a good understanding of food hygiene, excellent organizational skills and hold a valid UK driving license.
- Computer literate notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a similar role would be desirable.
The Kitchen Assistant job is based in Essex and is paying £22,000 - £23,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
People who viewed this job also viewed: