- < < Back to search
Technical Manager£45,000 - £50,000 Location: Essex Product: Ambient Ref: 8104
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Technical Manager job
In this role you will have overall responsibility for the technical, quality and hygiene functions on site; managing technical priorities whilst ensuring customer audits, internal audits and 3rd party audits are handled to a high standard.
- Manage and regularly review the Food Safety & Quality Management systems, ensuring robust implementation across the business.
- Manage the hygiene team to support site GMP compliance with BRC and customer requirements.
- Ensure operational and NPD projects are completed in line with customer and company schedules from a technical point of view.
- Drive the “audit ready” agenda on site, managing all site audits and assessments.
- Manage the supplier approval process and supplier evaluation activities.
Skills & experience required for the Technical Manager job
- Strong experience managing technical and quality teams within food manufacturing.
- Excellent working knowledge of BRC, and UK retailer standards including implementation.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in food science, food technology or another related scientific subject.
- Confident communication skills.
- Formal food hygiene and HACCP training (at least level 3 preferred).
- Flexibility to attend crisis meetings or investigations including out of hours emergencies when required and unannounced technical visits/audits.
- Flexibility to travel to suppliers and customers if required.
The Technical Manager job is based in Essex and is paying £45,000 - £50,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
People who viewed this job also viewed: