- < < Back to search
Technical Assistant£25,000 - £30,000 Location: Essex Product: Fresh produce Ref: 8077
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Technical Assistant job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure full food safety and technical compliance for all food products by effectively managing suppliers, documentation and audit standards.
- Manage supplier profiles and due diligence documents for all products.
- Create and update product specifications for source and internal departments.
- Coordinate samples for residue and microbiology testing.
- Managing SEDEX portal, verification of supplier registration and audit status.
- Manage Fair Trade and Soil Association portals.
- Record customer complaints and analyse customer complaints reports.
- Assist with the preparation for the site 3rd party audits
Skills & experience required for the Technical Assistant job
- Experience working in a food industry technical/QA role within food manufacturing (could be from a university placement).
- Experience working with fresh produce is highly desirable.
- A degree in food science, food technology or related discipline is an advantage.
- Excellent organisation skills and high attention to detail.
- Additional qualifications such as Food Safety, HACCP, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing all a great benefit.
- A driving licence is required due to site location.
The Technical Assistant job is based in Essex and is paying £25,000 - £30,000 according to your experience.
The role includes excellent benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme
- 10 x basic salary life assurance
- Free Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: