- < < Back to search
Shift Maintenance Engineer£38,000 - £45,000 + Shift Allowance Location: Kent Product: Ambient Ref: 8083
A new role has just become available with this niche and expanding food business. The company is well-established and produces a fantastic range of high-quality products which are supplied to a variety of retailers all over the UK.
About the Shift Maintenance Engineer job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure that all plant and equipment is repaired and serviced to recognised standards keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Organise team maintenance and required equipment to ensure that operation and maintenance of machinery is completed safely, in the shortest possible time within the time scale demanded by operational necessities.
- Timely and accurate completion of all documentation.
- Monitor workflow, be aware of potential problems and take immediate corrective actions.
- Completion of planned and preventative maintenance on equipment, ensuring all defects found are repaired in a timely manner.
- Contact suppliers and contractors to assist in obtaining spare parts and labour.
Skills & experience required for the Shift Maintenance Engineer job
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organised and hold a suitable Level 3 qualification in Electrical/Mechanical engineering and have the following skills:
- Knowledge of 17th or 18th Edition electrical regulations.
- Proven electrical/mechanical maintenance background.
- Ability to read electrical schematic drawings.
- Understanding of PLC controlled equipment.
- Flexible approach to shift patterns.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation.
The Shift Maintenance Engineer job is based in Kent and is paying £38,000 - £45,000 plus 25% shift allowance for night shift.
The working hours will be a weekly rotating shift pattern of early, late, and night shifts, Monday to Friday.
- Week 1 - Early - 6 am - 3 pm
- Week 2 – Night - 10 pm - 7 am
- Week 3 – Late - 3 pm - 12 am
People who viewed this job also viewed: