- < < Back to search
Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive (Food Safety)c. £35,000 + excellent benefits Location: Central London (Hybird Working) Product: Regulatory Ref: 8074
This role is working for a well-known food association that communicates and promotes food manufacturing industry values.
They work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure food is safe, affordable, and nutritious that consumers can trust.
About the Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive (Food Safety) job
This is an exciting opportunity for a food regulatory policy professional to join the Regulatory and Science team. The role will lead on a range of policies, likely to include food contact materials, novel foods, and genetic technologies, although there is some flexibility depending on previous experience.
- Monitor and analyse scientific, regulatory and policy developments in defined areas across GB, EU, and Codex Alimentarius.
- Provide written summaries of regulatory changes and verbal updates to companies and colleagues.
- Respond to Government calls for evidence and public consultations, including data collation and analysis and policy formulation.
- Liaise with Government officials and represent the company at external meetings.
- Work closely with technical staff in food manufacturing companies, including timely management of technical committees.
- Work across company policy teams to provide expert advice and briefing, particularly to the net zero team on packaging and to specialist food sector groups.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain partners on areas of common interest and liaise with European counterparts.
- Create content for the company website, including policy briefings.
Skills & experience required for the Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive (Food Safety) job
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food science or another relevant discipline.
- Experience in the food industry, regulatory authority, trade association or similar organisation.
- Experience in scientific or regulatory policy development is desirable.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to learn and proven ability to apply scientific and regulatory knowledge to areas outside direct experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to produce accurate written summaries of scientific and regulatory information
- Knowledge of UK and EU food law, particularly as it relates to food contact materials, novel foods, GMO regulations and/or food microbiology.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive job is based in Central London and is easily accessible via the London underground.
The role is paying c. £35,000, which is negotiable for a highly experienced candidate.
The package includes excellent benefits including pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season train ticket loan, and cycle-to-work scheme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am - 5.30 pm with up to 2 days per week able to work from home.
People who viewed this job also viewed: