- < < Back to search
Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive (Association & Groups)c. £35,000 + excellent benefits Location: Central London (Hybrid Working) Product: Regulatory Ref: 8017
This role is working for a well-known food association that communicates and promotes food manufacturing industry values.
They work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure food is safe, affordable, and nutritious that consumers can trust.
The role works with food sector trade associations - keeping them up to date across a broad range of policy and regulatory requirements.
You will be working closely with policy experts across a range of food safety topics such as Food Contact Materials, Microbiology, Residues and Contaminants - as well as keeping an overview of a range of broader policies like the National Food Strategy.
You will work with technical experts in food manufacturing companies and need to confidently liaise with government officials and a wider range of stakeholders both in the UK and EU.
- Monitoring and analysis of scientific, regulatory and policy developments in defined areas across GB, EU, and Codex Alimentarius, with a food safety focus.
- Providing written summaries of regulatory changes as well as verbal updates to small groups of companies.
- Extensive liaison with regulatory and policy colleagues, government officials, and European Associations.
- Providing secretarial support for several committees, both technical and Board level, including preparing agendas, papers, and minutes.
- Working alongside the Associations and Groups Manager and taking responsibility for the day-to-day financial management of the Associations and Groups
- Creating website content, including policy briefings and microblogs.
Skills & experience required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food science (preferred) or another relevant discipline.
- Experience in the food industry, regulatory authority, trade association or similar organization is desirable.
- Experience in scientific or regulatory policy development is desirable.
- Ideally knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative and financial ability.
- Line management experience desirable.
- IT literate with experience in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Executive job is based in Central London and is easily accessible via the London underground.
The role is paying c. £35,000, which is negotiable for a highly experienced candidate.
The package includes excellent benefits including pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season train ticket loan, and cycle-to-work scheme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 am - 5.30 pm with up to 2 days per week able to work from home.
People who viewed this job also viewed: