- < < Back to search
Ripener£30,000 - £35,000 Location: Essex Product: Fresh Produce Ref: 8233
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Ripener job
- Ensure the implementation of the banana ripening programme.
- Liaise with colleagues in production areas and quality control regarding the movement of fruit for ripening, production, and sales.
- Carry out training of Assistant and Trainee Ripeners.
- Continuously update ripening programmes / trackers
- Daily and Monthly stock control and stock reconciliation.
- Understand and ensure implementation of a lean process.
- Understand and ensure a fully auditable and traceable system.
- Understand and maintain food safety standards, integrity, legality, and quality at all times.
Skills & experience required for the Ripener job
- Proven experience working as a Ripener, or you may have a background in fresh produce with planning, stock control or similar knowledge.
- Able to use a stock management system.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work shift patterns.
- Able to lift boxes of up to 20kg.
- Own transport is required due to site location.
The Ripener job is based in Essex and is paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are 6 am to 5 pm with a 1 hour lunch break. Sunday to Wednesday.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: