- < < Back to search
Raw Materials Technologist£28,000 - £34,000 Location: Kent Product: Chilled Ref: 8140
The company is an innovative and fast-growing prepared product business supplying the UK market and leading retailers with high quality products.
About the Raw Materials Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure raw material products meet the compliance requirements of the end customer and act as a key contact within the business for driving quality improvement initiatives.
- Collect compliance paperwork, working from the raw material supply plan.
- Organise and allocate any audits required to meet customer compliance needs, ensuring that all audits are completed, and non-conformances resolved.
- Complete all supplier risk assessments, ensuring that they receive the supplier approval pack and checklist.
- Work collaboratively with the QC team, offering training and support and ensure that the Raw Material Rejection process is followed.
- Communicate rejections to suppliers and work with them to help them improve the quality of future arrivals.
- Participate in key product quality improvement initiatives.
- Attend product benchmarking sessions, production meetings, quality meetings and any relevant customer complaints meetings.
Skills & experience required for the Raw Materials Technologist job
- Proven experience in food quality assurance/technical, preferably with a good working knowledge of fresh produce.
- Ideally educated to a degree/HND level in food science, food technology or related scientific subject.
- Qualifications including HACCP, Auditing and Food Safety are desirable.
- Independent with a self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload and support other members of the team.
- Good time management is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
The Raw Materials Technologist job is based in North Kent and is paying £28,000 - £34,000 according to your experience.
Benefits include casual dress, company events, company pension, on-site parking, referral programme, sick pay, and the option for some work from home.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. There is the requirement to work one weekend per month, however this time can be taken back in lieu.
People who viewed this job also viewed: