- < < Back to search
Quality Controller£22,000 - £24,000 + bonus Location: Kent Product: Fresh produce Ref: 8239
This well-established business has shown remarkable growth - producing and supplying fresh produce for the leading UK retailers. Environmentally responsible with a philosophy of looking after and investing in its staff, this company is BRC accredited to the highest standard.
About the Quality Controller job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure that the quality specifications for customers and supermarkets are met.
You will monitor, record and report on the product quality and ensure all quality procedures and requirements are completed.
Training will be provided to ensure that there is a strong knowledge of all the products and a complete understanding of all quality procedures and requirements.
- Ensure all products conform to legal and customer quality standards.
- Continuous monitoring of product quality at all stages of the packing, grading, and dispatch process.
- Monitor and recording online scales.
- Accurately record and report quality information.
- Providing demonstrations and examples of quality requirements, setting up packing standards.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisors to ensure that production processes run as efficiently as possible within the appropriate quality parameters.
- Completing label check sheets, shelf life, and quality inspection reports to ensure all quality procedures and requirements are completed.
- Taking corrective action when necessary.
- Ensuring the product traceability is maintained.
Skills & experience required for the Quality Controller job
- Previous quality control or quality assurance experience from a food packing, production, or similar environment (could be from a university placement).
- A background working with fresh produce is highly desirable.
- Qualifications including Food Safety, Food Hygiene, and HACCP are all desirable.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Driving licence and own transport essential due to site location.
The Quality Controller job is based in Kent and is paying £22,000 - £24,000 according to your experience plus a productivity bonus.
The working hours are 4 on 4 off, working 8 am to 8 pm.
People who viewed this job also viewed: