- < < Back to search
Procurement Managerup to £40,000 Location: North Kent Product: Chilled Ref: 8139
The company is an innovative and fast-growing prepared product business supplying the UK market and leading retailers with high quality products.
About the Procurement Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to effectively manage all procurement activities for allocated food products in line with commercial expectations.
- Liaising with suppliers to negotiate the best agreement, prices, and services for the business, ensuring margin maximisation.
- Formulate and deliver a cost-effective supply chain strategy and effective relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for procurement of allocated categories, ensuring an adequate level of stock is maintained.
- Develop strong working relationships with the worldwide grower base, working with them and relevant third parties to improve the service and product they supply.
- Visit growers when required and liaise with them in relation to current market conditions and any other topics which may impact efficient supply.
- Support the Head of Procurement with developing a strategy for product procurement in line with business objectives and leadership approval.
- Support the planning process in the creation of short- and long-term supplier plans, New Product Development, and customer range planning.
Skills & experience required for the Procurement Manager job
- A solid track record in procurement, buying, purchasing or similar strategic supply chain function within the food or beverage production industry.
- Ideally have experience in fresh produce procurement.
- Confident communication and negotiation skills.
- Driving licence and transport required due to site location.
The Procurement Manager job is based in North Kent and is paying up to £40,000 according to your experience.
Benefits include casual dress, company events, company pension, on-site parking, referral programme, sick pay, and the option for some working from home.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.