- < < Back to search
Operations Depot Manager£50,000 Location: Essex Product: Fresh produce Ref: 8231
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
About the Operations Depot Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to manage the day-to-day operations of a busy food import, storage, and distribution depot.
You will lead and develop the Operations function and deliver the key business metrics of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People and Environment.
- Monitoring health and safety levels, ensuring compliance and implanting necessary changes.
- Recruiting and mentoring staff and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Maximising growth and profitability, identifying improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring that high levels of service are maintained.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to make sure they’re satisfied with the depot’s performance.
- Agreeing service contracts with Head of Operations and regular liaison with suppliers.
- Managing stock levels.
- Analysing turnover and profitability.
Skills & experience required for the Operations Depot Manager job
- Strong track record in production, operations or supply chain management within a food or beverage manufacturing or import/distribution environment.
- Excellent leadership and people management capability - managing personnel from different departments to achieve organisational goals.
- Strategic mindset and excellent problem-solving ability - can identify long-term improvement initiatives and efficiency opportunities.
- Degree educated in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or relevant subject is desirable.
The Operations Depot Manager job is based in Essex and is paying £50,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: