- < < Back to search
Food Safety Auditor - High Risk/Meat£50,000 - £60,000 + car allowance Location: Home Based (Nationwide + Travel) Product: High Risk/Meat Ref: 7898
You will be working for a self-contained business unit that delivers comprehensive auditing services to UK retailers.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Auditor to join and strengthen their existing dedicated technical team.
The purpose of your role as Food Safety Auditor is to arrange and carry out supplier technical audits predominantly within the meat processing food category, on behalf of one of the UK’s major retailers.
This role will give you the opportunity to travel all throughout the UK, Ireland and also overseas, working directly with blue-chip food manufacturers.
- Carry out both Physical and Remote audits against agreed standards specific requirements and codes of practice.
- Produce timely and accurate audit reports in accordance with customer systems and requirements and submit within agreed business KPI’s.
- Keep up to date on all quality policies, procedures, work instructions and documentation issued by customers and the company.
- Keep abreast of technical development issues and legislative changes pertaining to the food sector.
- Support business initiatives including, standards reviews, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required.
- Operate to ensure that the highest customer service levels are met for the key client.
To be considered for the Food Safety Auditor, you will:
- Strong technical and extensive supplier auditing experience within the food manufacturing industry.
- Ideally a holder of a Food Science degree or related.
- A strong product track record in the meat processing industry, with excellent knowledge of meat production processes and standards essential.
- Ideally a holder of Lead Auditor, Third-Party Auditor, ISO 9000 Lead Assessor or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP.
- Strong knowledge of UK retailer auditing standards (preferably including Morrisons).
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home each week (within the UK, Europe and worldwide).
- Full UK / EU driving licence (all travel expenses are paid by the company).
The Food Safety Auditor job is a home based role, with travel 50% of the time, mostly in the UK and occasionally international.
The role is paying £50,000 - £60,000 according to your experience plus car allowance.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Food Safety Auditor job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: