- < < Back to search
Laboratory Administrator£23,000 Location: Kent Product: Prepared Ref: 8198
This job is working for a very well-established and respected manufacturer that supplies to UK retailers and foodservice markets, as well as further food manufacturing.
Always at the forefront of product development and innovation, they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies.
About the Laboratory Administrator job
Reporting to the Quality Systems Coordinator, the purpose of your role will be to ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with food safety and quality standards.
- Positive release of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure compliance against company standards and assist with raw material and finished product non-conformances.
- Data input into the company ERP system and testing schedules including micro/chemical/allergen testing results.
- Lab equipment calibration and recording the calibration results
- Carry out testing to ensure finished products comply with all specifications including Aw, Salt, Moisture, pH, Allergen rapid and ELISA.
- Carrying out chemical titration testing within the production area.
- Preparing samples for organoleptic testing.
- Maintain the finished product samples library.
Skills & experience required for the Laboratory Administrator job
This role could suit a recent food science graduate who is looking for their first laboratory role in the food manufacturing industry.
- Previous food industry QA, laboratory or related experience OR a food science related degree/HND qualification.
- Good observational skills, high attention to detail and a strong sense of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Additional qualifications such as Food Hygiene, HACCP, Food Safety, or Internal Auditor would be a great advantage.
The Laboratory Administrator job is based in Kent and is paying £23,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.