- < < Back to search
Junior Food Developer£23,000 - £25,000 Location: Worcestershire Product: Ambient Ref: 8132
You will be working with a leading international company that manufactures a comprehensive range of delicious products distributed to multiple food industry customers around the world.
About the Junior Food Developer job
The purpose of your role will be to support the product development team in developing new and innovative food products from new product briefs. You will also have the opportunity to take on some of your own less complex briefs.
- Ensure ingredients and calorie requirements of new products conform to customer and company standards and regulatory compliance for the appropriate countries.
- Develop your knowledge and gain experience in how to complete product costings in PLM.
- Work with product developers to learn the requirements for all NPD system information and paperwork including new product set-up documentation, new ingredient approval, validation etc.
- With supervision from the Developers, source new ingredients as required for a new brief in conjunction with Lead Buyers.
- Occasionally attend UK customer visits with the NPD and commercial team.
- Under the supervision of a Developer or R&D Manager, work on less complex NPD projects to develop knowledge of the entire process from product brief to launch.
- Prepare customer samples as detailed in the brief.
- Ensure all product samples are legal and safe, shelf life tested and meet all brand standards required by the customer, internally or government bodies e.g. sodium, saturated fat, calorie reduction.
Skills & experience required for the Junior Food Developer job
- Educated to a degree level in food science, food technology, nutrition, or related subject and/or previous food NPD experience (this could be from a university food industry placement).
- Recipe formulation and functional ingredients knowledge is a great advantage.
- A keen passion for food product development and an eagerness to learn and develop your NPD knowledge.
The Junior Food Developer job is based in Worcestershire and is paying £23,000 - £25,000 according to your experience.
The role is initially a 6 month contract, however there is a possibility for the role to become permanent for the right candidate.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email email@example.com.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: