- < < Back to search
Health & Safety Officer (Part Time Contract)up to £25,000 pro rata Location: Greater Manchester Product: Prepared Ref: 8199
This role is working for a successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer.
The business produces high-quality food products and exceptional service to enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
About the Health & Safety Officer job
- Conduct H&S risk assessments, compile safety systems of work and train staff accordingly.
- Outline safe operations through SSOW, which identifies and considers all hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure working practices, policies and procedures are complied with.
- Record inspection findings and produce improvement suggestion reports.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that affect the food industry.
- Advise on specialist areas such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Ensure visitors, contractors, and suppliers work safely on site and comply with procedures.
- Train staff departmental staff in all operations; monitoring and reviewing to ensure they are fully competent.
Skills & experience required for the Health & Safety Officer job
- Previous relevant Health and Safety experience.
- Experience in a food production environment is preferred, although other FMCG manufacturing such as pharmaceutical will be considered.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to identify risks and provide safe solutions.
The Health & Safety Officer job is based in Greater Manchester and is a part time position working 2.5 days per week.
This is a job share with another part time Health & Safety officer based at the company’s other manufacturing site in Cheshire.
The role is a 10-month maternity contract and paying up to £25,000 pro rata according to your experience.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: