- < < Back to search
Health & Safety Officerup to £25,000 Location: Cheshire / Greater Manchester Product: Ambient food products Ref: 8177
This role is working for a successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer. The business produces high-quality food products and exceptional service to enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
About the Health & Safety Officer job
- Conduct H&S risk assessments, compile safety systems of work and train staff accordingly.
- Outline safe operations through SSOW, which identifies and considers all hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure working practices, policies and procedures are complied with.
- Record inspection findings and produce improvement suggestion reports.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that affect the food industry.
- Advise on specialist areas such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Ensure visitors, contractors, and suppliers work safely on site and comply with procedures.
- Train staff departmental staff in all operations; monitoring and reviewing to ensure they are fully competent.
Skills & experience required for the Health & Safety Officer job
- Previous relevant Health and Safety experience.
- Experience in a food production environment is preferred, although other FMCG manufacturing such as pharmaceutical will be considered.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to identify risks and provide safe solutions.
The Health & Safety Officer job is split between two sites in Cheshire and Greater Manchester (2 days at each) then one day being able to work at home.
The company will also consider employing on a part-time, job share basis working 2.5 days per week based just at one of the manufacturing sites, therefore if you are looking for a part time role, please do apply and this can be discussed further.
The role is a 10-month maternity contract and paying up to £25,000 pro rata according to your experience.
The full-time working hours are Monday to Thursday 8 am - 4.30 pm and Friday 7.30 am - 3 pm.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email email@example.com.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.