- < < Back to search
Food Technologist£25,000 - £35,000 + benefits Location: North Kent Product: Chilled Ref: 8134
The company is an innovative and fast-growing prepared product business supplying the UK market and leading retailers with high quality products.
About the Food Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to manage and deliver the technical agenda and build strong relationships with selected retail customers plus represent the company with customers and third parties from a technical perspective.
- Ensure that strong and proactive relationships are built with the retailer technical representatives.
- Ensure there is adequate provision of technical support to the factory and wider team to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Ensure retailer online portals and systems are accurately maintained.
- Manage the investigation process into product rejections and complaints and communicate with suppliers and customers to understand causes.
- Actively work with the NPD team to lead and drive the delivery of new product development projects
- Work with the retailer’s technical representative to ensure any NPD / EPD is in line with the factory’s capabilities and their expectations
- Manage the writing of specifications, artwork approval, pre-production trials and other key NPD activities
- Proactively engage in site-wide initiatives and projects to improve quality and shelf life
- Manage and support the creation and maintenance of customer quality contracts and QAS.
Skills & experience required for the Food Technologist job
- Strong technical/quality assurance track record in the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience working and managing relationships with the major UK retailers.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of food safety technical requirements.
- Knowledge of the food NPD process and related technical requirements.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- UK driving licence and own transport due to site location.
The Food Technologist job is based in North Kent and is paying £25,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
Benefits include casual dress, company events, company pension, on-site parking, referral programme, sick pay, and the option for some working from home.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
People who viewed this job also viewed: