- < < Back to search
Specifications Technologist (Maternity Contract)£28,000 - £32,000 Location: London Product: Prepared Ref: 7960
We are seeking a talented and ambitious individual to work for a small but rapidly growing overseas manufacturer of high quality, prepared food products, mostly supplying to a high-end retailer in the UK.
The purpose of your role as Specifications Technologist is to ensure that all customer specifications, pack copies and artwork are accurately set up and relevant customer documentation is produced in line with critical timescales and launch deadlines.
- Ensure due diligence, considering timescales, company procedures, legislation and customer codes of practice.
- Approve external customer specifications or relevant technical information in accordance with customer specification requirements.
- Ensure compliance with updated customer technical policies, labelling standards, and regulatory changes.
- Support technical elements of the product development process and work closely with teams to understand technical capabilities and practicalities.
- Manage the review of artwork to ensure that all pack information is accurate and in line with technical labelling policies.
- Support the generation of import and export specifications and associated processes.
Key skills and experience for the Specifications Technologist include:
- Good technical / specifications experience from the food manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of M&S FIND specifications software is essential.
- Customer facing experience with UK food retailers, ideally M&S.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science related discipline.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in London and is paying £28,000 - £32,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week.
This is a maternity cover contract with a duration of 8-12 months, due to start in February 2022.
People who viewed this job also viewed: