- < < Back to search
Laboratory Analyst£25,000 - £28,000 Location: Kent Product: Ambient Ref: 8113
This role is working for a company that was founded on a set of principles and a vision to become a leading, global supplier of products.
This family-run and friendly business utilises a unique combination of their rich heritage and expert advice to help their customers succeed.
About the Laboratory Analyst job
The purpose of your role as Laboratory Analyst is to conduct routine QC analysis as part of the quality control process, ensuring results are accurate and repeatable so the results provided can be trusted.
Excellent career progression opportunities are available for the right individual.
- Undertake all routine testing of raw materials, intermediates, finished products and external products.
- Analysis of wastewater, ensuring it is within legal requirements for release.
- Provide support to the daily laboratory function such as stocking equipment, preparation of solutions, equipment calibration, retention sample storage and preparing samples for customer requests.
- Participate in the training and competence assessments of other Laboratory Analysts to ensure knowledge is transferred accurately.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and ordering of lab consumables.
- Participate in internal and external repeatability tests to evaluate the accuracy level of the laboratory's systems.
Skills & experience required for the Laboratory Analyst job
- Possess laboratory experience, most preferably within a food or beverage environment.
- Preferably a degree holder in a food science or other scientific discipline.
- Excellent communication skills to work closely with the production team.
- IT literate
The Laboratory Analyst job is based in Kent and is paying £25,000 - £28,000 according to your experience (this includes a shift allowance of approximately £3,000 per annum).
The working hours are rotating shifts of 6 am – 2 pm and 2 pm - 10 pm, Monday to Friday.