- < < Back to search
Field Service Engineer - Multiskilled£34,000 - £38,000 Location: Greater Manchester Product: Bakery Ref: 62932
This role is working for an extremely successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer. The business is dedicated to supplying high-quality products and combined with exceptional service, enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
As Field Service Engineer, you will service, maintain, and optimise company food production equipment and machinery located within customer premises.
You will provide customers with telephone out of hours support for breakdowns and follow-up visits plus assist the engineering team at company facilities with plant maintenance and engineering projects when not at customers premises.
- Ensure that company equipment is performing at its best and exceeding the customer expectations.
- Maintain and develop the relationships at customer sites and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Proactive machine maintenance in accordance with the PPM schedule to plant, machinery, and equipment to prevent unplanned downtime.
- Occasional installation requirements, though the job will be predominantly orientated towards maintaining machinery.
- Assess, develop, and introduce improvements to existing engineering/production processes to minimise threats to productivity, food safety and health & safety risks.
You will be an experienced, electrical-bias Multiskilled Engineer with experience working in the food manufacturing industry, most preferably bakery.
Customer relationship skills are essential as you will be the face of the company at customer premises, assisting them and providing guidance.
Ideally apprenticeship trained, you will have pneumatic control knowledge and excellent fault-finding skills – PLC skills are also an advantage.
A driving licence and passport are also essential.
The Field Service Engineer job is based in Greater Manchester and paying £34,000 - £38,000 according to experience.
This is mainly a site-based role, however when restrictions allow you will be travelling to customer premises throughout the UK and Ireland. This will involve occasional overnight stays (2 days max, unless in Ireland where it will usually be one week).
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8 am – 4.30 pm and Friday 7.30 am – 3 pm, however slight flexibility may be required.
How to apply
To be considered for the Field Service Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: