- < < Back to search
Bakery NPD Specialist£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits Location: Essex Product: Bakery Ref: 7976
This role is working for a successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer.
The business produces high-quality food products and exceptional service to enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
The purpose of your role as Bakery NPD Specialist is to support the development and launch of branded and tailor-made products that will enable the business to achieve their targeted growth, whilst providing technical support for existing products and customers.
This includes a wide range of bakery products and technologies, from both UK production sites and also imported. Regular travel will be required within the UK to customers and other company sites. Occasional travel will be required within Europe.
- Responsibility for projects and tasks as identified by the NPD Manager.
- Carry out development trials at the UK Technical Centre, customer premises and other locations as required.
- Support business development activities including internal/external presentations, finished product samples and customer trials.
- Responsible for NPD briefs for allocated customers, including project management and clear communication with internal colleagues at UK and European sites as required.
- Support for key industrial customers including troubleshooting.
Key skills and experience for the Bakery NPD Specialist include:
- Proven and hands-on experience working within bakery/confectionery product development.
- Educated to a BTEC, degree or equivalent level in a food science/food technology discipline.
- Sound knowledge of functional ingredients used in the production of bakery/confectionery i.e. enzymes, acids, emulsifiers.
- Knowledge of the Chorleywood Bread Process is desirable.
- Highly organised and able to oversee NPD projects.
- Driving licence and flexibility to travel on occasion.
The Bakery NPD Specialist job is based in Essex and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The package includes company pension scheme, access to private healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and other attractive benefits.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5 pm.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email email@example.com.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: