- < < Back to search
Technical Manager£45,000 - £55,000 Location: Central London Product: Prepared Ref: 7957
We are seeking a talented and ambitious individual to work for a small but rapidly growing overseas manufacturer of high quality, prepared food products, mostly supplying to a high-end retailer in the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented food professional to work with a unique business that is highly regarded due to the exceptional quality of its handmade products.
As Technical Manager, you will manage and continually review and improve the UK technical processes, manage the UK technical team (2 direct reports) plus be the first point of contact for both customers and partner service sites.
You will have overall responsibility for the technical processes, ensuring all food products meet the required safety, quality, legality, and specification as required by customers.
This is a highly varied role, where you be able to utilise and showcase your skills, allowing you to progress within the business as the company also grows. The position also will allow you to travel 2-4 times per year to visit the company operations in South East Asia.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Manager include:
- Solid food manufacturing technical track record (minimum 5 years), ideally within prepared, value-added food.
- Customer-facing experience working with the UK major retailers (ideally M&S) as well as practical factory floor experience.
- Good knowledge of industry standard technical processes and outcome-based risk management.
- Ideally have knowledge of packaging design, materials, and sustainable packaging.
- Ability to travel to overseas production sites in South East Asia a couple of times per year.
The Technical Manager job is based in Central London and is paying £45,000 - £55,000 according to your experience. There is also excellent opportunity to progress in the business.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week.
People who viewed this job also viewed: