- < < Back to search
QA Technician£22,000 - £25,000 Location: South East Product: Ambient and chilled foods Ref: 62993
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading food business that is dedicated to supplying their customers with the highest quality artisan products. The business has strong ethics, promoting leadership, teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Your role as QA Technician is to provide technical support for the company food safety and quality system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all products and packaging accepted into the company meet specification and legal requirements through checks and sampling at the point of entry.
- Supplier liaison regarding rejections and complaints and ensuring and resolutions are communicated to the relevant departments such as stock control and accounts.
- Maintain QA systems to meet customer, legal and BRC requirements. This includes but is not limited to traceability checks, daily check sheets, calibration, lab sampling, internal audits, weekly and monthly site audits, less frequent and ad hoc audits.
- High level of warehouse monitoring to confirm effective implementation of the quality system and peripheral company and customer policies.
- Assist with food production trials and travel tests.
- Taste panel management.
You will have previous experience within a food manufacturing background, preferably in a technical role as well as:
- Good working knowledge of food quality systems and procedures.
- Able to prioritise and manage workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player
- Effective communicator – verbal and written.
- A level 3 Food Safety certificate is desirable, although not essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
The QA Technician’s job is based in the South East region and is paying £22,000 - £25,000 according to experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (7 am – 5 pm) and Friday (8 am – 12 pm). A total of 40 hours per week excluding lunch breaks.
How to apply
To be considered for the QA Technician job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: