- < < Back to search
Technical Manager£40,000 - £45,000 Location: Shropshire Product: Chilled Ref: 62958
The business is one of the most innovative, forward-thinking, and established companies in their food product sector. With a multi-site operation, they supply major retailers and key supply chains in the UK and internationally.
Continually investing in leading technology, the business holds strong values in sustainability and their people – nurturing a culture of self-motivated, hardworking, and honest individuals.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for the UK technical team plus drive performance and quality standards whilst complying with third-party auditing bodies and customer requirements.
- Work with the senior teams to drive performance and process efficiency across the packhouse and high care facility.
- Manage the quality management system and HACCP for the UK.
- Working with suppliers to ensure compliance, efficiency, and effective communication around supply and the challenges faced.
- Lead the team during audits in the UK.
- Develop policies and procedures in line with risk assessments.
- Manage any customer issues, developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Overall responsibility for Health & Safety risk assessments, hygiene, and cleaning.
Educated to a degree level in food science, food safety, agriculture, or other relevant discipline, we are looking for an individual with solid quality assurance or technical management experience within food manufacturing.
You will demonstrate excellent knowledge of food safety requirements, UK & EU legislation, HACCP, quality management systems, BRC and customer requirements. A background in fresh produce or high care foods is highly desirable.
Ideally an experienced team manager, you will have a hands-on approach to support the technical and operations teams daily.
You also will be experienced in supplier auditing and preferably Lead Auditor qualified.
The Technical Manager job is based in West Midlands and is paying £40,000 - £45,000 according to experience.
The package includes benefits including 21 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), performance-related incentive scheme, role relevant training, relaxed working environment and more.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: