- < < Back to search
QA Technicianc. £25,000 - £27,000 (including shift allowance) Location: West Midlands Product: Chilled Ref: 62981
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and forward-thinking business that is constantly evolving and developing their products to stay at the forefront of their sector and maintain their reputation for producing an exciting product range.
We are currently looking for a QA Technician to complement a passionate, friendly, and enthusiastic technical team in a busy manufacturing environment.
The role will be split between around 50% laboratory time, and 50% time in and around the production facility.
- Laboratory duties such as conducting product testing and shelf-life testing, stock control, record keeping and equipment verification.
- Support the maintenance of the companies Food Safety Quality Management System (FSQMS) and BRC compliance.
- Conducting hygiene inspections.
- Conducting environmental monitoring such as ATP swabs, micro swabs, and air quality sampling.
- Conducting monthly Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits.
- Liaising with production teams to ensure corrective actions are being effectively implemented.
- Train and coach manufacturing employees in company quality procedures.
Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science/technology related discipline, you will possess previous experience in a quality assurance related role within food manufacturing. This may be from a university placement.
You will ideally possess food laboratory experience (e.g., titration, microbiological techniques, calibration), but full food laboratory training can be given if required.
Additional qualifications such as Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing and HACCP are all an advantage.
The QA Technician job is based in the West Midlands and paying c. £25,000 - £27,000 which includes shift allowance - 25% shift allowance for rotating shifts, 20% if just 14:00 – 00:00 and 30% if just 23:00–09:00.
There are two Quality Assurance Technician positions available on a rotating 2-shift basis (swaps each week). Shifts are 14:00–00:00 and 23:00–09:00, Monday to Thursday, on a 4 days per week basis, for a total of 40 hours per week. A paid lunch break of 1 hour will form part of these 10 hours.
The company is happy to look at moving an hour or so either side of these patterns if it suits the individual and they will also consider fixed shifts if people can permanently commit to one or the other.
The package also includes 33 days of annual leave, an employee discount scheme and both formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
People who viewed this job also viewed: