- < < Back to search
Assistant Technical Manager£30,000 - £35,000 Location: Isle of Man Product: Chilled Ref: 8153
An award winning, chilled food business is looking for an Assistant Technical Manager to join their team.
Founded over 100 years ago, the company has gone from strength to strength, producing only the freshest and highest quality products.
About the Assistant Technical Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to deputise for the Technical Manager and assist in ensuring compliance with all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
You will take a hands-on approach to product quality and safety to identify any areas of concern and work with the Technical Manager to establish root cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Carry out microbiological troubleshooting to identify root cause.
- Resolve complaints from internal and external customers through complaints resolution process.
- Implement and maintain the CLAS Accreditation to assure accuracy and confidence in the reporting of laboratory results.
- Audit the Quality Management System according to schedule and perform any corrective actions required.
- Create internal reports on quality performance, lab records, external quality assessment reports and environmental controls.
- Take an active role in the HACCP Team and contribute to the studies for HACCP on all products.
- Be a part of the Internal Auditing Team and audit according to schedule and to BRC requirements.
- Manage, lead, and develop the Laboratory Technicians.
- Responsible for laboratory stock management including purchase orders and budget management.
Skills & experience required for the Assistant Technical Manager job
This role would suit someone with a good quality assurance or technical track record within food manufacturing, who is looking for a role where they can grow with business and progress.
The company will provide a comprehensive training and development programme for the right candidate as this role will develop into the site Technical Manager.
- Experience working with fresh, chilled products is highly preferred.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in food science or food safety discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of food safety requirements, standards, and legislation including ideally BRC standard.
- Ideal qualifications including HACCP, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing etc.
The Assistant Technical Manager job is based on the Isle of Man and is paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The business will also provide a generous relocation package for the right candidate.
Suzy Standen-Payne, Recruitment Team Leader, is the main point of contact for this role.
If you have any questions about the job, please email email@example.com.
Connect with Suzy on LinkedIn.
People who viewed this job also viewed: