- < < Back to search
Assistant Production Planner£20,000 - £22,000 Location: Essex Product: Ambient Ref: 8164
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Assistant Production Planner job
Your role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the production plan working with Production Managers and the material supply teams to achieve customer service goals through efficient manufacturing schedules.
- Ensure finished product stock is kept within set volume and value.
- Ensure stock of all intermediate raw material is available for continuous production.
- Plan the most effective and efficient production runs.
- Create and issue daily and weekly production plans for all factory units.
- Attend operational review meetings in Production Planners' absence.
- Communicate with Manufacturing leads on all production plan changes.
- Daily handover and sign off production plans to Manufacturing leaders.
- Generate management reports for KPI reviews and decision making.
- Keep the information held in the planning system up to date including the set-up of all new bills of materials.
Skills & experience required for the Assistant Production Planner job
This role may suit a supply chain graduate looking for their first production planning job, or you may have some planning or similar experience and looking for a step up.
- Some experience in a supply chain, planning or production role with a planning element, most ideally in food manufacturing (could be from a university placement).
- IT literate including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Access, SAP, scheduling tools, and database applications is preferred.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure within a fast-moving production environment.
- Six sigma and Problem solving an advantage.
- Good numeracy skills and analytical skills.
The Assistant Production Planner job is based in Essex and is paying £20,000 - £22,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours.
People who viewed this job also viewed: