- < < Back to search
QA Technologist£12.67 per hour Location: Suffolk Product: Ambient Ref: 7999
The business is part of a hugely successful, global food group which are always seeking ways to develop their portfolio and present the most innovative food products to their customers worldwide.
About the QA Technologist job
As a key member of the site Quality Team, you will ensure food safety and quality requirements are met and proactively work with relevant departments to manage the quality systems.
- Ensure all required quality and food safety checks are completed on time and in full.
- Support the operations team and advise on any quality or food safety issues.
- Confirm that raw materials arrive at site within specification, approving them for factory use.
- Working with the Raw Materials Manager to ensure any non-conforming raw materials or packaging is appropriately quarantined and documented.
- Review and verify certificates of analysis/conformance to demonstrate compliance.
- Laboratory Calibration. Ensure equipment is working within limits to monitor food safety and quality parameters.
- Organoleptic testing of raw materials & finished products – visual, smell, taste to make sure they are within specification.
- Ensure all labelling and packaging is accurate.
Key skills and experience for the QA Technologist include:
- Ideally educated to a degree standard in a food science/technology discipline,
- Food Industry quality assurance, quality control or technical experience (maybe from a university placement).
- Food Hygiene and Food Safety qualifications are a benefit and laboratory, auditing or HACCP experience would also be an advantage.
- High attention to detail, excellent communication skills and IT literate.
The QA Technologist job is based in Suffolk and is paying £12.67 per hour.
The working hours are a weekly rotating shift pattern of 6 am – 2 pm and 2 pm – 10 p, Monday to Friday. Weekend work and overtime is also available.
People who viewed this job also viewed: