- < < Back to search
Food Development Technologist£30,000 - £40,000 Location: Wales Product: Prepared Ref: 62989
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to restaurants, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
As Food Development Technologist, you will oversee the food product development process, from initial brief and concept, through to successful launch.
The company are currently undergoing expansion due to their ongoing success; therefore, this is an exciting time to join the team.
- Lead and facilitate the introduction of new processes, equipment, and production of new and existing products - delivering products from the test kitchen to full scale factory launch, ensuring compliance to all relevant quality, food safety standards customer codes of practice.
- Assist with the development of documentation for product launches, including specifications, process flows, photographic standards etc.
- Manage the NPD process for the introduction of new products, processes, and technologies, developing and delivering critical paths for each project.
- Communicate with the factory team to ensure a smooth handover from test kitchen to product launch.
- Manage artwork and packaging approval as required.
- Coordinate material and packaging requirements to ensure that everything is available for factory trials.
- Evaluate existing products and processes, recommending and implementing improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and effectiveness, whilst enhancing quality.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the latest regulatory requirements for validation.
We are looking for an ambitious and confident individual who is keen to be involved at each NPD stage. A serious passion for everything food is essential!
- Food product development experience (ideally 3 years +).
- Ideally degree educated in a food science, food technology, nutrition or similar.
- Background of working with retailers and their COPs preferred.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office
The Food Technologist job is based in North Wales and paying £30,000 - £40,000 according to experience.
The package also includes 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and pension.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours, with some flexibility required to suit the business needs such as production trials.
People who viewed this job also viewed: