- < < Back to search
Group Head of Technical£70,000 to £80,000 p/a plus £600/m car allowance Location: South Wales & Central Scotland Product: Chilled & Frozen Prepared Foods Ref: 8602
Widely recognised for their formulation and development of premium products, their passion for food is the main driver to their success, backed by expert knowledge and experience. The wellness of their expert staff members taking pride in the company’s products has been key to the growth of this very successful food manufacturing business.
About the Group Head of Technical job
The purpose of your role will be to take responsibility for three sites ensuring the highest possible standards are met and are in line with regulatory, legislative and company guidelines whilst managing the Technical and Quality teams and documenting all records associated with tasks accurately with continuous improvement at the forefront.
- Coordinate all technical and quality activities to ensure that products are manufactured against agreed specifications.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the HACCP plan and allergen risk assessment for all sites, as well as conducting internal audits for all sites and maintain the overall internal audit schedule. Drive the site preparation to ensure successful retail and third-party audits and lead all retail and third-party audits. Ensure all finished product produced meet all its food safety and quality criteria and regulations.
- Ensure strong working relationships are established and maintained with all retailers.
- Delivery against agreed KPIs.
- Maintain a line of contact with Government and non-Governmental organisational bodies.
- Develop and support robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed and communicate areas of non-conformance and corrective action plans following audits to their resolve.
- To ensure all raw material specifications are in place and reviewed in a timely fashion and all suppliers are monitored and controlled alongside their risk assessments to ensure constant performance.
- Manage all swabbing programmes, post clean, finished product and environmental as well as oversee site hygiene plans and ensure its effective monitoring.
The successful candidate shall be self-driven, flexible, and able to work on their own initiative and as a part of a team, possess the ability to prioritise effectively to produce positive results. Be a strong communicator both verbally and written. Work openly and collaboratively.
- BSc in Food Science or equivalent related discipline.
- Previous experience within the Food Manufacturing Industry essential.
- Level 3 HACCP trained, external allergen training, excellent knowledge of BRC & retailer Code of Practice.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of computer applications and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of managing audits.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and lead numerous projects and issues at the same time over a diverse product and customer base.
- Strong management and leadership experience as well as be highly organised.
The Group Head of Technical job is based in South Wales & Scotland and is paying £70,000 to £80,000 per annum according to your experience.
The package includes Car Allowance - £600 per month, 6% matched pension, private family healthcare, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours with flexibility around audits etc.
People who viewed this job also viewed: