- < < Back to search
Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)£39,000 Location: Bedfordshire Product: Prepared Ref: 62889
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading food manufacturer which is part of a high-quality food group. Products are manufactured to top standard and supplied to major UK retailers.
The purpose of the Maintenance Engineer is to actively take part in Health and Safety issues, breakdown response and completing general engineering tasks such as breakdown repairs, contractor liaison, maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the food production equipment.
Typical daily duties will include:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and rectified quickly, and information is recorded.
- Using the Pirana system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly.
- Assist the Engineering Team Leader in minimising machine down time by proposing and introducing improved maintenance programmes and continuous improvement ideas.
- Timely completion of all plant PPM schedules.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping ensuring self and team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure the Shift Change Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all information is shared in detail with the next shift.
To be considered for the Maintenance Engineer job, you will possess a strong engineering track record plus ideally have experience working in FMCG production, and most preferably food/beverage manufacturing.
You will be electrically biased, have experience of PLCs, electrical fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of preventative maintenance on mechanical & electrical equipment plus light welding and fabrication experience.
A driving licence is required due to site location.
The Maintenance Engineer job is based in Bedfordshire and is paying £39,000.
There are currently 2 shift patterns available to choose from: both Wednesday to Saturday, either 6 am – 4 pm OR 12 pm – 10 pm.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Maintenance Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: