- < < Back to search
Material Manager£65,000 Location: Cambridgeshire Product: Ambient Ref: 62809
You will be working for a premium quality food manufacturer which supplies all throughout the UK as well as overseas.
The business is undergoing rapid and ambitious expansion which is set to increase over the next few years; therefore, this is an excellent time to join this innovative business which offers you a challenging and rewarding work environment.
With a passion for continuous improvement, you will use your experience within inventory and supply planning to drive the company inventory optimisation strategy. You will be responsible for the delivery of the material plan in line with business demands, ensuring 100% availability whilst minimising inventory levels.
- Drive the team focus on the forward planning of material supply in collaboration with the Merchandising and Procurement teams.
- Set and maintain stock targets that consider production demand, seasonality, minimum order quantities and lead-times.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to streamline process and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Implement and lead the Supplier Management process, forging stronger relationships leading to more robust supply and leaner stock holding.
- Actively engage with Category Management & Merchandising on managing new products, and product changes, considering strategic and wider business planning
- Lead the Materials team, creating a future fit structure, colleague development, engagement, and training plans.
- Establish best practice KPI and reporting metrics for material management.
You will possess strong inventory and supply planning experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within food or pharmaceutical. Education/professional qualifications such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Supply Chain Management, Business etc. are all highly desirable.
You will have strong leadership skills; experience in coaching and developing a team and able to build peer to peer relationships. You will be experienced in supplier relationship management and ideally possess an understanding of retailer and internal customer management.
Excellent analytical skills within supply chain performance and a strategic mindset are essential to develop new strategies & KPI objectives and establish continuously improved, optimised ways of working. With drive and determination, you will have the ability to think and be excited by implementing change.
The Material Manager job is based in Cambridgeshire and is paying £65,000.
The company offers excellent benefits including generous staff discounts, seasonal gift cards, company bonus scheme, up to 25 days annual leave per year, share saving scheme, life assurance and cycle to work scheme.
The working hours are 8.00 am – 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. The business would also consider candidates wishing to work on a part-home and part-office basis – approximately a 2/3 day split.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Material Manager job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: