- < < Back to search
QA Assistant£20,000 + shift allowance Location: South Wales Product: Chilled Ref: 62793
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
Reporting to the QA Manager, as a part of a team of 5 QA Assistants, you will be responsible for ensuring the manufacturer food products are safe and legal and meet or exceed all agreed internal and external specifications.
- Ensure that products comply with customer standards including quality, safety, and legality.
- Collate product samples for routine microbiological testing.
- Assist in site visits and audits.
- Maintain a technical presence on the factory floor and provide technical support to the production team.
- Set the standards on the factory floor and improve upon these with production teams through coaching and knowledge transfer.
- Ensure that the factory floor is audit-ready 365 days of the year.
The QA Assistant job may suit a recent food graduate looking for their first food manufacturing job, or you may have previous food industry QA/technical experience either from a university placement or full-time role.
You will have excellent attention to detail, be well organised, have good communication skills and be IT literate.
Additional qualifications including HACCP, Food Safety and Food Hygiene are all desirable. A background of working with chilled, prepared food is also an advantage.
The QA Assistant job is based in the South Wales region and is paying £20,000 plus shift allowance.
The shifts will be between 6 am – 11 pm, and between Monday to Saturday (2 Saturday shifts per every 6 weeks).
There are 2 QA Assistant jobs available; one permanent and one 12-month maternity cover.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the QA Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: