- < < Back to search
Head of Technical£40,000 Location: West Midlands / Home Counties Product: Prepared Ref: 62573
For over 40 years, the company have been making great products from quality ingredients - all with no artificial colours or flavourings.
Based in a custom-designed BRC Grade AA production facility, they continue to invest in the plant and their people to ensure only the best products make it to the customer.
As Head of Technical, you will be responsible for managing and driving exceptional technical standards across two manufacturing sites based in the West Midlands and Home Counties.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Food Safety & Quality Management System per BRC, IFS and customer requirements.
- Oversee the effective management and implementation of HACCP
- Overview of finished product specifications, including retailer specification systems and artwork sign off
- Regular liaison with customer technical contacts
- Ensure correct procedures are followed with ingredients, packaging & equipment suppliers,
- Lead contact for BRC, IFS, customer, 3rd party and any other audits
- Ensure all internal auditing is carried out according to schedule
- Work with the Production and Quality teams to ensure that agreed standards are met and effectively communicated
You will have strong food industry technical experience together with a working knowledge of BRC Global Food Standards, retailer COPs, Food Safety, HACCP and QMS.
Ideally qualified to a degree level in a food science discipline, you will have experience in a senior quality or technical role in food manufacturing, preferably in a ‘high care’ food production environment.
Level 3 Award or equivalent in Food Safety and HACCP for food manufacturing is desirable.
To succeed, you will have the ability to build strong relationships, be an effective communicator and able to influence across all teams, departments and levels of business.
The Head of Technical job is based covers two sites in the West Midlands and Home Counties and regular travel between the two sites is necessary.
The role is paying £40,000 and the core working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, however, flexibility is required.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Head of Technical job, please click the Apply button.
People who viewed this job also viewed: