b3 jobs is committed to operating its business in a manner that is both sensitive and responsible with proper regard to its legal obligations and according to relevant directives, regulations and codes of practice. It is also committed to supporting the Government’s vision for Corporate Social Responsibility, specifically:
- Promoting business activity that brings simultaneous economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Encouraging innovative approaches and continuing development and application of best practices.
- Ensuring the best minimum levels of performance in areas such as health & safety, the environment and equal opportunities.
- Creating a framework that facilitates business practices that balance profit and success with achievement of social and sustainability goals.
- Taking an active part in supporting the local community and social causes.
b3 jobs Ethical Principles
Our ethical principles are the values that set the ground rules for all that we do as employees of b3 jobs. As we seek to achieve responsible commercial success, we will be challenged to balance these principles against each other, always mindful of our promise to shareholders that we will achieve responsible commercial success. Our ethical principles are:
- Honesty: We will not say things that are false. We will never deliberately mislead. We will be as candid as possible, openly and freely sharing information, as appropriate to the relationship.
- Promise Keeping: We will go to great lengths to keep our commitments. We will not make promises that can’t be kept and we will not make promises on behalf of the Company unless we have the authority to do so.
- Fairness: We will create and follow a process and achieve outcomes that a reasonable person would call just, even handed and non-arbitrary.
- Respect for Others: We will be open and direct in our communication, and receptive to influence. We will honour and value the abilities and contributions of others, embracing the responsibility and accountability for our actions in this regard.
- Compassion: We will maintain an awareness of the needs of others and act to meet those needs whenever possible. We will also minimize harm whenever possible. We will act in ways that are consistent with our commitment to social responsibility.
- Integrity: We will live up to b3 jobs’s Ethical Principles, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures.
b3 jobs is opposed to the use of slavery in all forms; cruel, inhuman or degrading punishments; and any attempt to control or reduce freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
b3 jobs will ensure that all of its colleagues, agents and contractors are entitled to their human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
b3 jobs will not enter into any business arrangement with any person, company or organisation which fails to uphold the human rights of its workers or who breach the human rights of those affected by the organisation’s activities.
b3 jobs is committed to ensuring it has a positive long-term economic, social and environment impact across the communities and places it operates. As part of that commitment b3 jobs expects its suppliers and business partners to uphold the same values in the way it conducts business and be committed to:
- equality, diversity and inclusion
- corporate social responsibility
- environmental sustainability
As a small business with a diverse workforce b3 jobs understand the value that small and diverse businesses bring to the economy. We actively take steps to provide the opportunity for small, local and diverse businesses to work with us, both as suppliers and business partners.
- Equal Opportunities
Sustainability (Environmental) Policy
b3 jobs recognises that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed and enjoy finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
It is our policy to:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To review annually and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Purchase of Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, make it a practice to turn off lights when you leave a room that isn’t being used and ensure that computers are shut down after work.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Travel and Meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Seek to offset carbon emissions when travel by air is unavoidable.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.